09-30-2022 | News Release
Pledge for Clean Air During Rideshare Week, October 3-9
SANDAG has taken the pledge to support National Rideshare Week 2022 Monday, October 3, through Sunday, October 9.
Rideshare Week is celebrated nationwide to promote sustainable transportation options. This year in the San Diego region, participants are encouraged to take a pledge and make a small change that helps positively impact air quality in a big way.
Rideshare Week coincides with California Clean Air Day and Free Ride Day. Both will be celebrated on Wednesday, October 5.
SANDAG provides resources, subsidies, and incentives to support alternative transportation choices such as carpooling, vanpooling, biking, walking, trying transit, and sharing the ride through the SANDAG Sustainable Transportation Services program. Choosing sustainable transportation can help save money, reduce regional congestion, and benefit the environment.
People who pledge to “Rideshare for Clean Air” can enjoy the following Rideshare Week discounts and offers:
- Free e-bike trips all day on Monday, October 3 in Encinitas with the BCycle App. Select 'Day Access' in the app and start riding
- Save 15% off two Lime Scooter rides with the code “LIMERIDESHAREWEEK,” valid October 3-9
- Free Ride Day is Wednesday, October 5. Jump on any fixed route like the Trolley, bus, or COASTER, and enjoy the ride for free
- Get a $5 credit from Lyft using code 'SDRSW22' when you scooter or rideshare on Wednesday, October 5. Valid one time use per person and cannot be combined with other Lyft offers
- Save 10% off the first month with Green Commuter on any new vanpool that forms before Sunday, October 9. Use promo code: Rideshare Week
- Commute with Enterprise will provide a $100 fuel card for any new vanpool that forms or preregisters before Monday, October 31. Eligible vanpools must have a San Diego region destination. Reference Rideshare Week when inquiring.
Pledge participants can also enter a social media sweepstakes during Rideshare Week. Share a ride, and share a photo on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #RideshareSD and tag SANDAG to be automatically entered for a chance to win a prize.
To conclude Rideshare Week, join SANDAG for a free, family-friendly community fair on Sunday, October 9 to learn about the future of transportation in the San Diego region.
For media inquiries, please contact Jessica Gonzales at 619.699.1950 or email@example.com.